Tuesday 27 September 2011

RED TENT BLUE BUCKET


I have sent this blog in various forms and they have all failed. Having no reception for days has been great. Our days are so full that writing this blog is a pure indulgence on some levels. I feel dedicated to observing the feminine side of this journey and the blogs that I lost were about the uranium stuff. Maybe that just isn't meant to be my focus.
Red tent; in my red dust green tent I had a day off from the walk and just relaxed.  I surrendered to my period and mused about how essential it is for women to have several days of each month for our mental and physical health. We so often work around the clock or past our daily capacity; as is the nature of mothering.  So stopping for a day or so each month with no household jobs, meals or child care would be so nurturing for many of us.
Blue bucket; see photo. On our last day off we stayed at an oasis and it was sensational. While the children played in the water we women lit a fire and heated water for washing clothes. It truly was a wonderful thing an each woman commented on how right it felt to be together like that doing our washing.  The washing area has always been a central point for women and children; an inportant hub of any community.  Must go, no more power and this has to be sent now or the phone puts it in the outbox where it is unretreavable. Goodnight.
Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™

1 comment:

  1. great photos! you are coming closer feminine wonder. We are flying in the sky soon look forward to seeing you out there on the pipeline... probably Thursday 20 and Friday 21 we'll have the ute and all the stuff.... for roughing it....love you heaps and heaps.

    ReplyDelete