Monday 5 September 2011



FATHER'S DAY. We have walked hard miles this Sunday, thirty-five kilometres; walking started at six in the morning. It has been hot and the flies intense. We finally reached our camp to find our long march today has culminated at a camp full of rocks. Metaphores abound as this pilgrimrage steps up a grade to the place where people's stuff is coming out. My spirit tells me to regroup, find quiet places for myself. This evening I have just held my children close. And at that point I fell asleep. When I woke it was a full on pack up in the dark, we had to leave early, 7am and we were off. More than anything, I wanted to let the kids have a long lunch with thirty kms in front of us on a hot day with lots of flies, my motivation was sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment