Thursday 22 September 2011

PACKING UP OUR STUFF

Day after day it is packing up camp, tents, sleeping bags, clothes, books for a bit of schooling, plates and cutlery and life's general stuff.  Having two disasters in a row that blew it all apart or saturated it all; first a mini cyclone, then a flood at three am.; I was feeling the weight of our belongings like a yoke around my neck. So today I had to stay at camp simply because all our stuff got wet in the early hours. Now a big storm is mounting at sunset and I now find ourselves  getting prepared for another blast.
NEXT MORNING
We all squeezed into our little two man tent and slept wonderful deep sleeps.
Yesterday I was on camp set up. The ground was rock hard and only two of us were up for work. I worked like a convict, digging the fire pit and toilet pit in such compacted ground. We stayed at a large cleared ground most likely a truckies spot. Anyway Evita has hurt her foot and I had promised to give her time yesterday but the set up was essential. I massaged her foot and gave her a precious bath but there is a yearning and I have just decided to completely have the day off. The boys can walk,  Chris can come back with the support van when he is ready. Shanti can stay with Eve and I. I will swap the shovel for some lotions and potions!
Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the camping trip went rather well. The only real bother about those kinds of trips aside from the uncertainty of the outdoors, is the arduous process of picking what you have to take, choosing what is necessary and making sure that they're all kept intact throughout the rest of the travel. However, there are always ways to go around that right? So how are the kids?

    Clay Delgado @ World Packaging Inc.

    ReplyDelete