Monday 12 March 2012

Words are making us ill.

At every turn there are more words that need to be said,  written, thought,read: words vying for our attention.
The other night I got a creative idea for helping my son to be more interested in reading and with chalk I wrote messages and equations all over the carpets throughout this house.
Now that I have been moving about in my house, these letters under my feet are crowding my head.  The visual pollution of words is everywhere, I just hadn't. thought about it like that before. It took awhile to realize that I had become scattered by the words under my feet; they were blocking my connection with the earth.
       I can' wait to get down with a bucket and scrub the floors.
       The prescribed pattern of today's mass consciousness would judge this as masochistic, having no need to hear more and  moving quickly on to the next lot of words.  I need some grounding, stretching and meditative time where I can rub all the words away until my mind is free floating on my heart. There are no health resorts in my life; it is easy to overlook just how therapeutic cleaning our homes is.  I don't use a vacuum cleaner because it invades my energy and leaves everyone and everything jangled. I prefer to get on with my hands and knees and scrub the carpets with hot soapy, eucalyptus scented water.
When we take time, we make time and often those 'boring' jobs are the gold that give women power by grounding us in our spiritual foundations, the floors our family walk on.

No comments:

Post a Comment