Tuesday 1 November 2011

HIT THE GROUND RUNNING


           I have parachuted some twenty jumps as a eighteen year old and remember well that with a stiff wind blowing you need to start running when you hit the ground or you get dragged along like a fishing net.  So when we eventually arrived home at six pm on Sunday with school starting the next day I went to bed with my boots on.
I have found the whole transition, harder to cope with than I expected. On many levels I have felt fine but I have had 48hours of acute asthma. So the stress has measured on my nervous system without really impacting my patience or tolerance.
           Normal things like driving, shopping, operating a plastic card, are all out of frequency with what I have been accustomed to and definitely add an element of stress. Stopping and starting things too, has felt stressful. Our days were more fluid and naturally rhythmic, perhaps that loss in our modern culture is why we crave our 'routines'.Anyway there is more to say but for now real life has more pressing needs than cyber space so I will round this off here.
This blog will continue as part two; the unfolding after the pilgrimage. Twelve hundred kilometres takes some time to digest.
Looking forward to catching up again with people. Love Kristi

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™

No comments:

Post a Comment