Tuesday 16 August 2011

Fw: Earth time



Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™


-----Original message-----
<

The eleventh hour just struck twelve (at four o' clock in the morning) I still haven't finished packing.  The logistics are big and at this stage I am surrendered to Earth time; that is that all things come together in their own time. Most languages have their own word for it; in-sha-allah in Arabic, Manana in Spanish. I don't think English has the corresponding sentiment.  It might be one of our cultural losses.  I know a certain grace takes me over when I surrender fully to it. I also know my husband and children have seen too often how affected I become when I'm not in that groove.  Maybe that's why he works away.....All just more words, I'm off to finish this packing phenomena so I can walk away from stressing and open myself up to Earth time, I surrender...

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™

3 comments:

  1. hey earthmother how is earth time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. waiting and waiting for you to come back into range! we miss you already, we can't wait to hear how you all are travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://footprints.footprintsforpeace.net/nffcampaign/upload/files/Australian_Flyer_2.pdf

    Thinking about you Kristy. How is it? I'm guessing from looking at the flyer that you'll have a rest day on the 26th/7th or 8th?

    I hope we hear from you then.

    I would like to forward your blogspot to some friends who may not have heard about the walk. So please could you say a few introductory words about what you're up to and why.

    I connect completely with what you say about the 'grace' of earth time. I have felt it, too seldom but hunger for it constantly. Constructed time creates miniature dangers that terrorise us throughout the day. But it's so hard to let go of.

    Are our addictions of man-made time and man-made energy, one in the same?

    ReplyDelete